The actor and the director had first collaborated for the 1986 release ‘Naam’ and ever since then they both share a great bond. During a media interaction, talking about the film Sanjay said that they have nearly completed ‘Sadak 2‘s’ shoot. He also mentioned that Bhatt is an enthusiastic director and has not changed a bit ever since. He has done everything to keep up the storyline with today’s times. He further said that the hours the director has put in and the efforts he has taken to lead a young crew on this film is amazing.
Meanwhile, the film which is helmed by Mahesh Bhatt stars Aditya Roy Kapur opposite Alia Bhatt is the sequel of Sanjay Dutt and Pooja Bhatt starrer released in 1991. The actor said that today when he looks back he feels that it is justified to take a story like ‘Sadak’ forward. He first spoke to Pooja Bhatt about this and then they decided to take it ahead. He went on to reveal that when Bhatt saab came on board to write the film, he told him that if he does not direct the film, he will opt out of the project.
‘Sadak 2’ is slated to hit the screens on July 10 next year, 29 years after the first movie came out.